Boy, 16, ‘hacked Marks & Spencer shop assistant, 22, to death in brutal gang alleyway attack as he walked home from his shift’

  • Anthony Adekola was stabbed to death in Colindale, London on September 5
  • He was stabbed nine times and died before paramedics arrived, a court heard
  • A 16 year old boy has appeared by video link to the Old Bailey in London 
  • The youngster has been charged on suspicion of murdering Mr Adekola  

Anthony Adekola, 22, was walking home from his shift in Colindale, north west London when he was stabbed to death

Anthony Adekola, 22, was walking home from his shift in Colindale, north west London when he was stabbed to death

A supermarket shop assistant was hacked to death in an unprovoked attack, the Old Bailey heard today.

Anthony Adekola, 22, was walking home from his shift in the early evening of September 5, when a gang leapt out of two taxis and dragged him down an alleyway in Colindale, north west London.

The court heard how unarmed Adekola was stabbed nine times and was almost certainly dead when paramedics arrived.

A 16-year-old boy appeared on video-link at the Old Bailey today from HM Cookham Wood charged with his murder.

Tom Doble prosecuting said: ‘On 5 September 2020, a group of young men travelling by taxi from Hendon to Colindale set off shortly after 8.42pm.

‘Arriving half an hour later seven young men stepped out of the two taxis and the drivers were told to wait.

‘Anthony Adekola 22 at the time, was walking home back from the Colindale branch of Marks and Spencer.’

Mr Adekola saw the attackers and began to run away but tripped over a bollard and was eventually dragged into an alleyway, prosecutors claim.

He was discovered at 11.05pm and the police were called. Mr Doble added: ‘He had been stabbed nine times by more than one knife in the view of the expert…in an entirely unprovoked brutal and fatal attack.’

The 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons appeared by video link at the Old Bailey earlier today

The 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons appeared by video link at the Old Bailey earlier today

Judge John Hillen set a plea and trial preparation hearing for 4 December but no provisional trial date has been fixed.

The youth from Hendon, Medina and Suburan both from New Brent Street, also Hendon, are all charged with murder.

Advertisement



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here